San Sebastiano`s Palace
The residence of Francesco II Gonzaga
Tel 0376 367087 - Fax 0376 223618
Ownership: Comune di Mantova
The Palace was built between 1506 and 1508; it was the residence of Francesco II Gonzaga and it contained the famous Caesar`s Triumphs realized by Andrea Mantegna. After its restoration, the municipality in Mantua has chosen this palace as the seat of the `Town Museum`, where the visitors can admire the Triumphs thanks to a precise virtual reconstruction and very important sculptural works from many important town building facades.
- Monday: from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- From Tuesday to Sunday: from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The ticket Office closes at 5:30 p.m.
- Exstraordinary opening: Easter Monday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Closing days: 1th January, 25th Dicember
- All the disable people can enter without any problems
- Admission ticket: € 2,50
- Reduced ticket: €1,50
- Free entry: under 12
Other services: the Palace, main office of MuMM, hosts the "Civic Collections Documentation Center". Moreover is the seat of the Fondation Mantua European Capital of Entertainment and of Leon Battisti Alberto Center.